Thursday, March 20, 2014

The Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe

Chocolate Chip Cookies


I've been on a cookie kick lately, making them, eating them, freezing them...they are good no matter what.  For years, I have been trying out different chocolate chip cookie recipes, but just had never come across the perfect one until now.  I guarantee you that these cookies are going to be a hit at your house.

The Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe

Ingredients:
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup of sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 (12oz) package of semisweet chocolate chips

Directions:
In a large bowl, cream the brown sugar, butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.  Beat in the eggs and vanilla.  Combine the flour, salt and baking soda and gradually add it to the creamed mixture and mix well.  Stir in the chocolate chips.

Shape the dough into balls and place about 2" apart on a greased cookie sheet.  Bake at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until edges are golden brown.  Cool and store in an air tight container.

Note***We ate the first batch of these cookies, BUT I made a second batch and froze them in ice cube trays to make later.  I covered the ice cube trays with parchment paper and aluminum foil and store them in the freezer.  I have to admit that I've eaten several of these raw (I know, I know - I am not supposed to do that, but I did and they were delicious)!  Plus, it is an easy and fast way to make cookies when time is of the essence.

No comments:

Post a Comment